Congratulations! You’ve spent one week in the Willow Finishing Course! How’s it going for you? So far you’ve learned several techniques and habits; you’re probably feeling prettier and more polished already. I bet that you’ve been dying for a little something fun and girly to add to your poise repertoire, so here’s habit number 8: Wear one piece of pretty jewelry every day. Wedding rings and engagement bands excluded, wearing just one gorgeous piece of jewelry is enough to elevate your outfit and add a touch of glitz or grace to your overall appearance. Plus, you earn a point for doing so–so what’s not to love?
I like to wear my jewelry in a color that complements the rest of my outfit by being across the color wheel from the rest of the ensemble–red goes with green, for example. Less specifically, it’s fun to wear a piece of jewelry in a warm color (red, yellow, or orange) when the rest of my outfit is in a cool color (blue or purple or gray).
How well did you score?
1. Apply chap stick. 1 point.
2. Drink a big glass of water. 1 point.
3. Sit and stand with excellent posture. 1 point.
4. Exercise for thirty minutes. 1 point.
5. Clean your nails thoroughly. 1 point.
6. Dress in clothes that fit you perfectly. 1 point.
7. Apply lotion to your feet and hands at bedtime. 1 point.
8. Wear one piece of pretty jewelry. 1 point.
I’ll post my score in the comments. You can do the same.
Are you new? Skip back to the beginning, to my Primer One. We’re building up habits day by day, and it’s much more effective to build them slowly and steadily over time.
– Miss Fitzgerald