Let’s talk about two things: respect and dignity. Part of unleashing your inner lady is learning to respect other people and yourself. That leads me to habit number 13: Refuse to say anything bad about anyone, including yourself.
By refusing to badmouth yourself, you’re treating yourself with respect, and that adds to your dignity. By refusing to badmouth others, you’re treating them respectfully, and that adds to your dignity as well.
There’s nothing as thoughtless or ugly as habitually putting people down (and in this case, “people” includes you). So, right now, I want you to stop putting yourself down. I want you to stop venting about your thoughtless friend. Be respectful. Be dignified.
You know how people talk about inner beauty? Today, right now, I want you to start cultivating your own inner beauty. Put this habit on your radar; stop apologizing for yourself and start celebrating others.
Let’s get on to the scoring for the day! Give yourself 1 point for each goal that you accomplished.
1. Apply chap stick.
2. Drink a big glass of water.
3. Sit and stand with excellent posture.
4. Exercise for thirty minutes.
5. Clean your nails thoroughly.
6. Dress in clothes that fit you perfectly.
7. Apply lotion to your feet and hands at bedtime.
8. Wear one piece of pretty jewelry.
9. Wear a dab or a spritz of perfume.
10. Stretch gently for five minutes at bedtime.
11. Floss and thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day.
12. Smile at everyone.
13. Refuse to say anything bad about anyone, including yourself.
How well did you do? I’ll post my score in the comments. You can do the same.
– Miss Fitzgerald