We’ve spent some time working on deportment (removing profanity from your speech) and health (getting enough sleep). Now let’s talk a bit about pretty stuff. Mmmmm, pretty stuff! This next habit is a lot of fun: Wear a signature piece. For me, it’s dangling earrings. For one of my friends, it’s the large silk flower she wears in her hair. For another friend, it’s her fabulous palazzo pants. I want you to figure out one funky, trademark piece that you’ll wear every day. It doesn’t need to be an accessory; you can wear a signature perfume, for example, or a signature hair style such as a chignon or a French twist. Whatever you choose, wear it every day. Consistency is key here; over time you’ll become known for your signature piece, but not if you only wear your signature piece only once. Feel free to spend some time in search of your signature piece; it must be right. But! Once you find it, work it darling. Work it.
Scoring time! Give yourself 1 point for every task you’ve accomplished. How are you doing? Notice how you can break this down into sections: Fashion, deportment, health, and morning and evening routines. All of these habits fit together to give you that finish and polish that you’re developing every day.
One word, though: I would rather have you do a few of these every day than to have you perform perfectly for one day. Do a few of these every day and you’ll make me very happy. Keep at this; these reminders are here to benefit you, not to tire you out. Don’t get overwhelmed, and don’t get burned out! Work at your own pace and do the best you can. Consistency wins out over perfectionism every time.
1. Apply chap stick.
2. Drink a big glass of water.
3. Sit and stand with excellent posture.
4. Exercise for thirty minutes.
5. Clean your nails thoroughly.
6. Dress in clothes that fit you perfectly.
7. Apply lotion to your feet and hands at bedtime.
8. Wear one piece of pretty jewelry.
9. Wear a dab or a spritz of perfume.
10. Stretch gently for five minutes at bedtime.
11. Floss and thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day.
12. Smile at everyone.
13. Refuse to say anything bad about anyone, including yourself.
14. Remove profanity from your speech.
15. Go to bed in time to get eight hours of sleep.
16. Wear a signature piece.
Post your score in the comments; I’ll do the same.
If you’re new here, start all the way back at Primer One. We’re building up habits one day at a time. Start by putting on chap stick!
– Miss Fitzgerald