Here’s habit 22: Make your bed. We’re adding to our morning routines today. A neatly made bed adds to your polish; it’s tidy throughout the day and feels more comfortable when you slip into it. You’ll be treating yourself and your home with more respect. Visitors will notice. Don’t obsess over this; I’m hoping that you’ll spend a minute or two spreading up your covers, not that you’ll spend fifteen minutes making your bed perfect. Perfection is the enemy, but a bit of tidiness is truly our friend.
How well did you score today? Give yourself 1 point for each task you accomplished; then post your score in the comments. I’ll do the same.
1. Apply chap stick.
2. Drink a big glass of water.
3. Sit and stand with excellent posture.
4. Exercise for thirty minutes.
5. Clean your nails thoroughly.
6. Dress in clothes that fit you perfectly.
7. Apply lotion to your feet and hands at bedtime.
8. Wear one piece of pretty jewelry.
9. Wear a dab or a spritz of perfume.
10. Stretch gently for five minutes at bedtime.
11. Floss and thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day.
12. Smile at everyone.
13. Refuse to say anything bad about anyone, including yourself.
14. Remove profanity from your speech.
15. Go to bed in time to get eight hours of sleep.
16. Wear a signature piece.
17. Cook at least one meal with healthy ingredients.
18. Don’t criticize anyone.
19. Look your conversation partners in the eye.
20. Pronounce every syllable when you speak.
21. Read the headlines.
22. Make your bed.
New to the Willow Finishing Course? Start at Primer One and work yourself up through the primers, one day at a time.
– Miss Fitzgerald