Yesterday I talked to you about makeup and how, so often, we overdo it. We also talked about proper mascara application. So often, we use powders and creams to cover up what exists and to create a blank canvas. That’s fun to do on occasion, but in the every day, you want to be treating your skin beautifully by keeping it clean, by keeping it calm (as in, not irritated, enflamed, or clogged), and by eating well and drinking lots of water so that it’s healthy. A person who looks healthy and well groomed will look more gorgeous than someone who is unhealthy and covered in colored, scented goo.
That’s why my recommended makeup routine is very simple. I already taught you how to apply mascara in Primer 27, and I promised you the rest of my makeup routine today.
Now I want you to apply one of two possible cosmetic choices: lipstick or eyeliner. Either carefully apply eyeliner and then put on mascara, or apply mascara and then apply lipstick. Don’t do all three. Whichever you choose, apply your cosmetics carefully and slowly; hug that eyeliner close to the base of your eyelashes. Follow the natural curves of your lips with that lipstick.
Then leave the rest of your face alone. If it’s clean and healthy from the inside out, your skin should be looking really good. If it’s not, applying foundations, powders, and blushes won’t improve the state of your skin over the long haul. Sleeping, exercise, drinking water, and eating right will help your skin.
Now we know what habit 28 is: Wear either eyeliner or lipstick; apply either meticulously.
One to the scoring! Give yourself 1 point for each task you accomplished and post your score in the comments. I’ll do the same.
1. Apply chap stick.
2. Drink a big glass of water.
3. Sit and stand with excellent posture.
4. Exercise for thirty minutes.
5. Clean your nails thoroughly.
6. Dress in clothes that fit you perfectly.
7. Apply lotion to your feet and hands at bedtime.
8. Wear one piece of pretty jewelry.
9. Wear a dab or a spritz of perfume.
10. Stretch gently for five minutes at bedtime.
11. Floss and thoroughly brush your teeth twice a day.
12. Smile at everyone.
13. Refuse to say anything bad about anyone, including yourself.
14. Remove profanity from your speech.
15. Go to bed in time to get eight hours of sleep.
16. Wear a signature piece.
17. Cook at least one meal with healthy ingredients.
18. Don’t criticize anyone.
19. Look your conversation partners in the eye.
20. Pronounce every syllable when you speak.
21. Read the headlines.
22. Make your bed.
23. Only wear shoes that are in excellent condition and that fit you well.
24. Give your conversation partner your full attention.
25. Pay someone a sincere compliment.
26. Only wear clothes that are appropriate for the weather.
27. Put mascara on your top lashes only; two coats!
28. Wear either eyeliner or lipstick; apply either meticulously.
– Miss Fitzgerald